Rocket League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RL Etiquette

2 posters

Go down

RL Etiquette Empty RL Etiquette

Post by The Driver Sat May 21, 2016 9:46 pm

What would your advice be for new Rocket League players to get the best out of the game from the start? And maybe some rules you wish players would follow.

Kick Off
-If you're closest to the ball, go for it. I can't count the number of times teammates have just stayed still or turned around and come my way instead of hitting the ball, meaning the other team have sent it straight towards our net.
-If you're the farthest from the ball, stay back. There's no way you're going to get to the ball before anyone else so just be ready to knock it away from the net or for your team to get possession.

General
-Don't chase the ball. Of course you should go for it if it's open and you can get to it but it's pointless going for it when every other player is on it. Instead, learn to read where the ball is going and be ready.
-If you use the chat to communicate to the team, do what you say. Again, too many people say they're defending and then push to the front for the ball, just as some people say they've got it and then stay away from the ball. While not needed to play the game, communication is key if you want great teamwork so don't confuse things for everyone.
-Be aware of your surrounding. Move the camera around so you can see where your team is, the last thing you want to do is get in the way and ruin a set-up.
-Don't steal goals. Be ready for a rebound but leave it if the ball is clearly going in, nobody likes it when points are taken from them.
-If you do steal a goal, don't post "great pass" because everyone knows what happened and that doesn't make it any less annoying.
-Have fun, even the best players still screw up regularly so don't sweat it.

Last edited by The Driver on Sun May 29, 2016 2:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Driver
The Driver
Tech Guy

Back to top Go down

RL Etiquette Empty Re: RL Etiquette

Post by Admin Wed May 25, 2016 8:48 pm

Dont call me a noob or you are getting trounced.

First rule for me Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rocketleague.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

RL Etiquette Empty Re: RL Etiquette

Post by The Driver Sat May 28, 2016 10:58 pm

Don't bash into your own teammates.
The Driver
The Driver
Tech Guy